Thursday, November 30, 2006

Settling in for Winter

The bonsai seems to be holding up for winter now. I'm not very confident about the colour at the top of the stem. I'm not sure if it's normal, or if its half dead, or as some people have claimed it's growing bark. Little early I think.

Either way, I've found that it's not to be watered too much this time of year, and temperature is important. Thankfully we have fairly good conditions in the office because too much outdoor time could dry out the fella too quickly if its windy. The ground is staying quite moist so I dont think I'll have to water it more than a few times a week.

Pictures are showing that it's continuing to grow ever so slightly; the centre is already outgrowing the original pine leaves.

From Bonsai!


From Bonsai!


You'll probably also notice that my images are being hosted on Picasa now for your browsing pleasure and also because at some point in the last two years, I sold my soul to Google.

No comments: